Getting Started with Key Word Sign – Basic Training
$350.00 inc. GST
In this introductory key word sign course, you will learn about the principles of key word sign and gesture, who it can be used with and how it can be used alongside other ways of communicating. You will understand how key word sign is different to Auslan, the language of the Deaf Community in Australia.
In the practical component of the course you will learn up to 80 new signs along with common natural gestures. You will have the opportunity to practice using speech and signs together in interactive activities, building your skills in a safe and fun group environment. You will leave the workshop with a detailed plan of the next steps in your key word sign journey, as well as a host of helpful resources to support your learning
Who is it for?
This workshop is suitable for any one who wants to learn about key word sign. It is our introductory qualification and is the pre-requisite for all other courses in our range. You do not need any experience of skills with key word sign to benefit from this course.
Where is it offered?
This workshop is available all across Australia. You can complete the learning in a few different ways, depending on your needs and preferences. All courses are equivalent in time, resources, quality, learning and fun!
- Full day workshop. You can to do this virtually online, where you, your trainer and the other participants will join from their computers.
- Two half-day workshops. You can to do this virtually online, where you, your trainer and the other participants will join from their computers.
- Blended workshop. You will complete the theory component of your training as a self-paced eLearning module. You can learn flexibly in your own time and complete your training around other commitments. The eLearning will take you between 1 – 2 hrs. You will then complete the practical component of your training virtually online, where you, your trainer and the other participants will join from their computers.
The following sessions are now available.
|Date of Training||Format*|
|Thursday 28th July 2022: 9.30am – 4.30pm||Full Day Workshop|
|Tuesday 9th & 16th August 2022: 6.00pm – 9.00pm||Two Half-day Workshops|
|Friday 26th August 2022: 12.00noon – 5.00pm||Blended|
|Tuesday 13th September 2022: 9.30am – 2.30pm||Blended|
|Friday 30th September 2022: 9.30am – 4.30pm||Full Day Workshop|
|Wednesday 12th October 2022: 1.30pm – 6.30pm||Blended|
|Sunday 30th October 2022: 9.30am – 4.30pm||Full Day Workshop|
*See Format details above
Enrolling in this course:
- To enrol please select the date you prefer from the drop down list and add it to your cart.
- Enrolments close two weeks prior to training.
- Sessions are limited to a maximum of 15 learners.
- If minimum numbers are not met by enrolment deadline, sessions may be postponed/rescheduled.
Are there any pre-requisites?
There are no pre-requisites to complete this introductory course. It is for anyone. Getting Started with Key Word Sign is itself a pre-requisite for all of our other training courses. So, everyone starts their key word sign training with this course.
What training can I do next?
Additional further learning options will soon be made available. Follow our social media pages to be the first to hear about additional training dates including weekend and evening options.
Should you have any questions regarding Key Word Sign Training please do not hesitate to contact us be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org